Stories from Franchisees & Founders
In this episode we’re with Ron Holt, the Founder and CEO of Two Maids & A Mop, to talk about his deliberative journey from corporate America to starting one of the nation’s fastest growing franchises.
Ron has set a vision for Two Maids & A Mop to become “the largest, fastest growing, most innovative residential cleaning service in America,” and is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and swing a mop to see it happen. Through in-the-trenches leadership and innovation, his company has expanded to 75 locations, ranks #285 in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 for 2019, and plans to open 25-30 new operations every year.
There are not many CEO’s like Ron, who don’t care about pretenses, value understanding the employee experience as much as the customer experience, and know how to scale a business patiently to ensure long-term success. Join us, and be inspired by the story of Ron Holt.
In this episode we talk about:
Transitioning from a steady job to creating your own job
- Saving: raising money the old fashioned way
- The importance of a clear vision
- Blue-collar leadership style
- Understanding your employees’ experience
- Finding your own “Purple Cow”
- Innovating in an unsexy industry
- Why getting into a franchise early pays off
- How to select good franchisees
- Franchising isn’t easy
- A work ethic that makes or breaks you
Starting a family, not just running a company
What we mention:
Two Maids & A Mop
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life, by Warren Buffett
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable, by Seth Godin
- Richard Branson