Stories from Franchisees & Founders
Our second installment from the 2020 “Best of IFA” series features Chris McCuiston, CEO and co-founder of Goldfish Swim School Franchising. Just two years out of college, Chris and his wife took a major risk by starting the brand.
“We thought we’d open up 4-5 locations out in Michigan, all company owned, and that was it.” Fast-forward to 2020, the brand has just crossed the 100 location threshold and ranks #1 in the 2019’s Entrepreneur’s Top Children’s Fitness Programs.
Tune in to hear Chris’ story and advice he’d give to emerging franchisors, his experience in franchising vs partnerships, and what it takes to become a battle-tested brand.
What we talk about:
- Greetings and introduction of Chris McCuiston
- The importance of joining IFA events
- What Goldfish Swim School is
- Developing the franchise, how big the franchise is
- Being proven and stable as a brand
- The background of the business model development
- Putting together something and made it grow big through franchising
- Understanding the franchisor-franchisee relationship – giving some flexibility
- Leading by example
- Being selfless
- Being humble, hungry, smart, and having compassion for others
- Living out the business’ core values
- Goldfish Swim School’s mission
- Risks taken that defined the business
- The brand’s goals for the future
What we mention: