Stories from Franchisees & Founders
In this episode we welcome Cameron Herold to talk to us about his life in franchising! He has written a number of highly valuable and industry leading books on the subject, is a coach to high level franchisors, and has a huge amount of experience on both sides of the franchise equation.
We chat to Cameron about his history in the field, how he got a taste for the game and the early successes that whetted his appetite. He talks to us about why he is the best at the business of business and building company culture before we discuss the importance of planning and partnering. Cameron tells us about his great strategies for delivering on promises, dealing with difficult team members and how to get greater buy-in from your employees. He literally wrote the book on a ton of these subjects and his experience and expertise are truly inspiring for anyone interested in any part of the franchise business. For all of this and more, be sure to join us for the episode today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Cameron got started in the franchising game.
- Cameron’s experiences at 1-800-Got-Junk? and College Pro Painters.
- The importance of planning and knowing the road ahead.
- Raising prices, cleaning up and delivering on promises.
- Key tactics when dealing with employees and getting them to commit to the cause
- Some great examples of company culture and emotional commitment.
- Working on your business versus working in your business.
- Why you should look for ‘entrepreneurs’ with ‘interdependence’ for your franchise.
- Cameron’s experiences in the stages of franchising.
- What made Cameron fall in love with his job.
- The value of partnering and fresh energy.
- Executive assistants and why they should be your first hire.
- The role of the entrepreneur and the amount of work to do.
- And much more!
“Unless you have a plan to hit your goal you will miss.” — @CameronHerold [0:07:04]
“We just followed the system and if the system did not exist we were independent enough that
we would make it up on our own.” — @CameronHerold [0:25:22]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
© 2019 The Franchise Story Podcast 1
FSP 28 Show Notes
Cameron Herold — https://www.cameronherold.com
College Pro — https://www.collegepro.com
1-800-GOT-JUNK? — https://www.1800gotjunk.com/us_en
The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs — https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1942589123/
Jim Collins — https://www.jimcollins.com
Second in Command Podcast — https://cooalliance.com/podcasts/
Michael Gerber — https://michaelegerbercompanies.com
The E-Myth — https://www.amazon.com/Myth-Revisited-Small-Businesses-About/dp/
Mastering the Rockefeller Habits — https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Rockefeller-Habits-
Good to Great — https://www.amazon.com/Good-Great-Some-Companies-Others/dp/
Five Dysfunctions of a Team — https://www.amazon.com/Five-Dysfunctions-Team-Leadership-
Free PR — https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1619615282/
Meetings Suck — https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1619614146/