Stories from Franchisees & Founders
In this episode, we’re with Alan Soukup of Bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North Dallas, and president of Texas Pride Home Solutions Inc. in North Texas.
Coming from Corporate America, Alan started checking into different businesses he could build and realized the effort, time and resources it takes trying to find and decide on your own what kind of business to start. Not to mention actually building it from the ground up. It was then that he was introduced into acquiring a franchise.
He used what he had learned and who he had become from his experiences and still continues to learn more along the way. This helped his business into a good level of success and growth even in its starting stage.
So come on and let’s listen to Brian, Erik, and Alan as they talk about the things we need to do even from the beginning of our business journey so we can enjoy the success it will bring as it grows.
What we talk about:
- Alan Soukop’s background in Corporate America
- Training people right
- Taking any opportunity to learn from people
- Don’t be good TO people, be good FOR the people
- Alan’s transition experience
- Looking for business opportunities takes a lot of time and resources
- Building the team in the business
- The franchise business model
- Building other’s business versus your own business
- Keep growing and re-investing
- What makes a bad hire
- Family in the business
- Always give the “Why”
- Being goal-oriented
- Not growing is dying
- Really doing the work and getting the job done
- The safety in having more of anything in the business
- Making decisions fast
- What we mention: